How to reset Outlook password?
Ella Scott in Hotmail
1 month ago
In case you forgot your password, or want to reset for a password...etc, follow the few steps below:
- Firstly, go to this link and follow the instruction to reset your Outlook.com password: Reset your Outlook.com password.
- Choose the reason why you want to reset your password, and click "Next".
- Enter your Outlook account in upper box, and type the characters you see in the captcha code. Then click "Next".
- You need to verify your identity, choose one of the ways to get a verification code: via text message, email or alternative email.
- Based on what you chose, you will have to enter your full email address, or last 4 digits of your phone number. Click Send code.
- Choose I don’t have any of these if you don't have any of the above options. This will lead you to a set of questions about your personal information to verify your ownership of the account..., answer correctly to proceed.
- You will receive a code within a few seconds. Enter the code in the box and click "Next".
- Change your password as you wish, then click "Next".
You can now login with the new password you just reset. If you still have problem signing in, go to our troubleshooting page for more details.